At Roar Software we have a number of programmers with a high level of PHP skill and experience. We’re here to help with
- New , greenfields projects written in PHP
- Extensions to existing PHP projects
- Maintenance of, and perhaps migration from, old PHP projects
- Cover for PHP programmers who are on extended leave, sickness absence, maternity etc.
No matter how small or large your project, we can provide the expertise.
New PHP Projects
For new projects written in PHP we would normally choose a modern MVC platform such as Laravel or Yii. We can provide systems analysis services to determine your requirements, come up with a design, and project manage the implementation. Alternatively, if you have those skills in house, and simply want programming skills to build your project, then we can provide that from our UK offices, or on-site (dependent upon location).
Do you require an extension to your existing PHP codebase? Roar Software are adept at getting to grips with an existing codebase and producing work in keeping with the design and style of the existing project. If you have an existing development team or provider, we are happy to work with them and seamlessly become part of the team.
Maintenance + migration
At Roar Software we have seen plenty of old, creaking, poorly put together PHP projects. Has your business come to rely upon a PHP codebase, but found that it is also holding you back? Do you find yourself ‘locked in’ to a particular supplier or employee because only they can maintain the PHP?
At Roar Software we are unusual in that we will happily take on these ‘dirty’ projects and continue to maintain them for the businesses that have come to rely on them.
We can work on the basis of individual work items, or make a resource permanently available on a subscription basis. Support can be provided from our UK offices, or on customer site dependent upon location.
If so wished, we can also help with the planning and implementation of migrating away from this system to something that would scale better with the business.
PHP Programming cover
Maybe you have your own in-house programming team and just need a PHP developer temporarily whilst one of the team is away for some reason. Typically in the IT/ software development industry you might look to engage a contractor. The advantage of engaging with Roar Software is
- no worries about HMRC considering the contractor was actually an employee and you receiving a hefty bill for unpaid NI contributions at some point in the future
- We have a pool of talent to call upon, several of which will get to know your systems. If one of them needs to take time off, there will be another skilled individual ready to step into their shoes
- There is no minimum term to our engagement. We are so confident that our engagement will be successful that we are happy for you to be able to terminate the engagement at any stage with no penalty, we don’t believe you’ll use that ability.
We can provide the cover from our offices, or possibly at your site depending upon your location. However, we have successfully made use of remote working / video conferencing techniques in the past so that the developer(s) you engage with feel very much part of the team.